© Charles Wood Photography WWW.CDWOOD.ZENFOLIO.COM
Public Works Department
The Public Works Department strives to provide efficient professional street and utility services to the citizens of Ivins City. These services include:
- Culinary Water System: Maintaining 67 miles of pipelines with sizes up to 14 inches in diameter and four storage tanks with a total capacity of 4.3 million gallons.
- Sanitary Sewer System: Maintaining 56 miles of pipelines with sizes up to 12 inches in diameter.
- Storm Drain System: Maintaining 29 miles of pipelines with sizes up to 72 inches in diameter, 962 inlets and manholes, and 8 detention/flood protection dams.
- Street System: Maintaining 56 miles of public streets including pavement, curb and gutter, sidewalks, street signage and lighting.
- Engineering & Construction Management: Providing design and design review services for capital projects and developer projects in a rapidly growing City. Also developing standards for design and construction, providing mapping services for the city. Providing inspection and construction management of all capital and developer projects.
- Storm Drain Pollution Prevention Program: Providing education, maintenance, monitoring and enforcement to reduce pollution to local rivers and lakes.
We complete all of these tasks with a small but competent team of experienced professionals:
Charles R. Gillette, P.E., Public Works Director and City Engineer, professional engineer with 21 years of experience.
Thomas Jorgensen, P.E., Asst. Public Works Director of Administration, professional engineer with 8 years of experience.
Shiloh Pentz, Asst. Public Works Director of Operations, operations professional with 23 years of experience.
Melinda Gibson, PW Administrative Assistant, professional with 8 years of experience.
Our professional experienced field crew:
Matt Cooper, Operator II
Travis Gubler, Operator II
Justin Davenport, Operator II
Page Bowler, Operator II
Bryson Brackett, Operator I
Phone Contact Information:
Office: 435-634-0689 (Monday – Friday, 8 AM to 5 PM)
After Hours: 435-634-5730