Performs a variety of entry level fire fighting duties related to protecting life and property. May be required to drive and operate fire apparatus. Works under the direct supervision of a Fire Captain and/or the Fire Chief; may also work under the direct supervision of the Public Safety Director, or a designated Incident Commander. The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a valid Utah Driver’s License.
- Must either reside within Ivins City or within 2 miles of the city limits.
- Must successfully complete an annual physical ability test as a condition of employment.
- Must be willing to respond on emergency incidents as they occur. This position is not an on-call position, but firefighters are subject to call out by pager twenty-four (24) hours a day, seven (7) days a week.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Must successfully complete Ivins City Public Safety Recruit Academy and certify as a Structure Fire Fighter I and Wildland Firefighter I.